The Pottery Workshop, Jingdezhen welcomes international artists
to experience life in Jingdezhen. We provide modern comforts for
Resident Artists to explore traditional Chinese methods of
ceramics production. Our Residency Programs are unique to any
other in the world because artists are immersed in a porcelain
All the pieces our artists create are finished and fired by the
artisans in our community. We are located within The Sculpture
Factory, a place where a high concentration of mold makers,
throwers, slip casters, potters, glazers and public kilns coexist.
Residency Fee: 2600RMB per week
The residential studio program includes:
- Our climate controlled studio hosts a maximum of 12 resident
artists at one time.
- 24-hour access to our secure Residency Studio.
- Facilities include access to raw materials, electric wheels,
work tables, electric kilns and general tools.
- Shared studio coordinator(s) assist by reducing language/
cultural barriers, introducing Resident Artists to Jingdezhen,
and aid in resolving technical problems. Available Monday to
- Climate controlled accommodations and fresh meals at The
Pottery Workshop. (Lunch and dinner are cooked and served
every day except Sundays in our dining room)
- Accommodation includes flush toilets, hot showers,
air-conditioned/heated rooms, regular cleaning service,
and wireless internet. Single or double occupancy.
- Transportation to/from the Jingdezhen airport, bus station or
- If you are coming to Jingdezhen as a group, please also
check out our International Groups.pdf.
Under Download More Information
Contact E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org